PITT OHIO’s legacy began with its Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) service over 40 years ago.
When LTL shipping with PITT OHIO, you gain an award-winning service. Each and every employee is committed to delivering a quality LTL freight shipping service. We measure our performance so that we can continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of all aspects of our service. In doing so, we continue to be one of the best LTL freight companies in the industry.
Next Day LTL Freight Lanes
We listen to our customers and collaborate to understand what they are looking for from their LTL delivery service company. So when you ask yourself, “who should I ship my LTL freight with?” the answer is PITT OHIO. Our legacy LTL delivery service is possible with a network of 25 terminals, is backed by a 97% on-time delivery record and holds one of the lowest claims ratios in the industry. Today, PITT OHIO delivers to more destinations next-day than any other carrier and continues to add next day lanes to improve service standards for our customers.
LTL Service Within the Mid-Atlantic and Midwest regions
Reliability, consistency and a commitment to deliver quality service is what our customers expect from PITT OHIO and the same is true with our LTL sister companies across the Midwest and to the New England States. We offer extended coverage, freight shipping solutions and access to 34 additional LTL terminals with Sister Companies Dohrn Transfer Company, US Special Delivery and Ross Express.
Fast Track, winner of 14 Quest for Quality Awards, is available for shipments in need of a guarantee. Any time or day, even same day, Fast Track is the expedite service shippers have come to trust the most in the industry for their important shipments.
Heat Track is leading the industry when protecting freight from freezing. We have the largest fleet of heated equipment and can protect your freight during the cold weather from New England to Nebraska and every destination in between.
LTL Service that is Recognized by Our Customers and the Industry
Logistics Management Quest for Quality
- 29 times in the LTL category
- 14 times in the Expedited Motor Carrier category
- 4 times in the Truckload category
- 1 time in the National LTL category
2016 and 2019 NASSTRAC Carrier of the Year
2018, 2019, and 2020 Top 100 Trucking Company by Inbound Logistics
2018 Fleet Owner Magazine LTL Fleet of the Year
- American Group Northeast Regional Carrier of the Year
- DHL Supply Chain Regional LTL Carrier of the Year
- Dupont Sourcing & Logistics Outstanding Service Award*
- Eastman Chemical Supplier Excellence Award*
- Echo Global Logistics LTL Carrier Platinum Award*
- Geodis Carrier of the Year
- GlobalTranz Top Northeast Regional Carrier
- Grainger Carrier of the Year*
- Harte Hanks LTL Carrier of the Year
- Honeywell Carrier of the Year Award*
- PPG Excellent Supplier Award
- Schneider Logistics’ Regional Carrier of the Year
- Supermedia Super Service Award
- TRANSPLACE Regional Carrier of the Year
- Volvo Logistics Quality Award
- Worldwide Express Northeast Regional Carrier of the Year*