Pittsburgh, PA (January 23, 2013) - PITT OHIO, released its 2012 Sustainability Report today highlighting the company’s efforts to lower its environmental impact, find efficient transportation solutions for its customers, be a good corporate and community citizen, and support its employees.
PITT OHIO is committed to doing its best to achieve environmental and social responsibility. Using the three-tiered approach, "People, Planet and Profit," PITT OHIO operates in a balanced way that reduces its impact on the planet, supports the community and ensures the future of the organization.
Chief Marketing Office and Executive Vice President, Geoff Muessig, said, "PITT OHIO plans to use its sustainability strategy to build a competitive advantage for our customers while continuing to enhance our reputation for innovation. PITT OHIO is the first regional LTL carrier to deliver a Carbon Footprint Calculator that allows LTL shippers to measure the carbon output that is associated with the distribution of their products in our network." PITT OHIO´s carbon footprint calculator measures greenhouse gas emissions at the shipment detail level.
Highlights of the report are detailed below:
- PITT OHIO reduced its carbon output by 3.0% over 2011 levels through improved fleet MPG and reduced utility usage at our facilities.
- PITT OHIO created a cross-functional sustainability team and invested in innovative solutions to improve its energy usage and reduce its carbon footprint.
- PITT OHIO hosted two Customer Advisory meetings focusing on sustainability and transportation issues.
- PITT OHIO employees continued to be the company's top priority as demonstrated by its competitive wages, best in industry benefits, a wellness program, training programs, and an award-winning safety department. The company was recently recognized as one of Pittsburgh's Top Places to Work for the second year in a row.
- PITT OHIO's employees supported the community by contributing over $61,000 to Autism Speaks,The Boys & Girls Clubs of America and The Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- The company received the Association of Fundraising Professionals of Western Pennsylvania 2012 National Philanthropy Award for Outstanding Philanthropic Organization.
- PITT OHIO posted strong financial results which will enable the company to invest $40 million in rolling stock and infrastructure in 2013.
PITT OHIO will strengthen its competency in the area of transportation sustainability in 2013. For more information about PITT OHIO´s sustainability program and for the full 2012 Sustainability Report, please visitwww.pittohio.com/substainabilityreport.
ABOUT PITT OHIO
In adhering to their "We´re Always There For You" signature commitment, PITT OHIO is dedicated to providing their customers with the best value in its SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and TRUCKLOAD services. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, PITT OHIO services the entire Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West regions and the remainder of the United States, Canada and Mexico with The Reliance Network. To contact PITT OHIO, please visit their website at:www.pittohio.com.
For more information, please contact
Manager of Marketing & Public Relations
PITT OHIO | 15 27th Street | Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Phone: 800-366-7488 ext. 6313