Pittsburgh, PA (August 5th, 2014) - PITT OHIO relocated its Cincinnati terminal to a new, larger facility to meet rising demand in the Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky region.
The newly constructed complex covers over 40,000 square feet, more than doubling the size of its previous location, and employs 135 employees within the office, terminal and mechanic shop. The terminal building includes 71 dock doors, 30 more than its previous location.
The new facility is equipped to align with PITT OHIO’s commitment to a sustainable culture, and includes:
- Low VOC finishes for a better indoor air quality
- Water efficient toilets and sinks Approximately 30+% of the materials used in construction were from recycled products
- Approximately 40+% of the materials used in construction were harvested, extracted, and assembled local to the region
- Over 80% of the construction waste has been sent to a recycling facility; diverted from a landfill.
- Recycling service will be offered to building occupants
- The building energy systems have been commissioned by a third party engineer to maximize their efficiency
"We are looking forward to serving our growing customer base in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky from this new facility," said Brad Caven, Vice President of PITT OHIO Operations. "Our customers can continue to expect PITT OHIO to deliver first-class service through our new, larger and upgraded Cincinnati terminal."
The terminal is located on 9.5 acres at 5000 Duff Drive and is one of four PITT OHIO terminals in Ohio. PITT OHIO has maintained a presence in Cincinnati for 17 years.
About PITT OHIO
In adhering to their "We´re Always There For You" signatue commitment, PITT OHIO is dedicated to providing their customers with the best value in its SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) and TRUCKLOAD services. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, PITT OHIO services the entire Mid-Atlantic and Mid-West regions and the remainder of the United States, Canada and Mexico with The Reliance Network. To contact PITT OHIO, please visit their website at:www.pittohio.com.
For more information, please contact
Manager of Marketing & Public Relations
PITT OHIO | 15 27th Street | Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Phone: 800-366-7488 ext. 6313
Email: [email protected]